Please note that we have recently redesigned our magazine and our ad sizes have changed.
Download the 2017 Print Rate Card now.
Orlando Convention Advertising
2017 Convention Rate Card
Click here for web/digital advertising options.
The Mennonite magazine and website, www.themennonite.org, is key to your marketing success. The Mennonite serves Mennonite Church USA and seeks to help readers glorify God, grow in faith and become agents of healing and hope in the world.
You can reach the members of Mennonite Church USA through a magazine format and website that has been developed combining the talents of our designer and input from our readers. Our four-color format allows you to place full-color ads at no extra charge.
To schedule an ad, receive a rate card in the mail, or for more information, contact Rebecca Helmuth, 800-790-2498, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit electronic files to Rebecca Helmuth. 800-790-2498
Please contact the Elkhart, Ind., office if you have questions about electronic ad submission, inserts, web advertising or anything else: 800-790-2498.
Click here for the 2017 Print Rate Card. You can also advertise with us at the Mennonite Church USA convention.
Click here for 2017 Web sizes, specs and prices.
The Mennonite will carry display advertising in various sizes and configurations.
- We ask advertisers to send their display ads to us as electronic files. Our preferred file format is PDF distilled at the highest quality setting. We will also accept EPS and TIF with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi. All colors must be set to CMYK, grayscale or black and white (no RGB colors). If we receive non-electronic ads, we will assess a 20 percent conversion fee in addition to your ad price. Quality may diminish due to the conversion process.
- Advertising originals are due to our Elkhart, Ind., office two weeks before publication date: Rebecca@themennonite.org and 800-790-2498.
With four-color available on every page, you can submit color ads at no extra charge.
We also offer classified ads. The classified rate is $1.30 per word, with a $30 minimum charge. Frequency discounts are also available. Click here for classified advertising.
Advertisers may place inserts in The Mennonite.
- Advertisers may place inserts in The Mennonite. We offer the ability to do targeted inserts (one or two states as long as there are at least 200 total subscribers) all the way up to putting inserts in all United States, Canadian and overseas copies. The price varies depending on the number of total copies in which the insert is put.
- If you print your insert elsewhere, it needs to arrive at our printer at least three weeks prior to the issue date, preferably untrimmed (especially at the top), flat and not folded.
- If you would like our printer to produce your insert, we will provide you with contact information.
- In addition to the insert and fees for stitching and trimming, the advertiser will be charged for extra postage (due to the added weight of the insert). Contact the Elkhart, Ind., office for more information: 800-790-2498 or Rebecca@themennonite.org.
The Mennonite print advertising policies
- Advertisers or the advertisers’ agencies assume full responsibility for all advertising content, including text, representation and illustrations. This liability includes any claim made against the publication because of the advertising content. The word “advertisement” may be placed above copy that, in the opinion of the editor, resembles editorial material. The Mennonite reserves the right to reject any advertising it considers to conflict with the goals of the magazine.
- Invoices and ad tear sheets will be sent after publication.
- Payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date. A fee of two percent per month will be added to overdue accounts. The Mennonite reserves the right to cancel advertising anytime for nonpayment.
- You cannot cancel orders for advertising after the due date. If an advertisement is not received by the due date, a 25 percent handling charge will be added to the invoice.
- All advertising is subject to approval. Ads appealing for support for organizations or groups not related to the Mennonite Church USA that offer the same or similar services and mission programs as those provided by the Mennonite Church USA may not be accepted. Ads that challenge or denigrate Mennonite Church USA policies, programs or personnel are not accepted. Ads or inserts that a majority of Mennonite Church USA members would find in poor taste or inappropriate for a denominational magazine (as decided by the editor) may not be accepted.