The Mennonite, Inc., invites your original submissions for our August 2020 print magazine issue and corresponding online content focusing on Why I am an Anabaptist. […]
Here are five things worth paying attention to this month. I recommend selecting one or two and jumping in over the next week.
1. God has not ignored black trans women, so neither should we.
2. Turns out there is an explanation for the connection between pups and their “hoomans.”
3. You may have been wondering why you saw so many “Juneteenth” posts on social media last week. Wonder no more.
4. At this point, no one should even debate the health and environmental benefits of eating less meat.
5. I haven’t followed this as closely as I want to, but I encourage everyone to take note of the pain our brothers and sisters in Sudan are experiencing.
Ben Tapper has a master’s degree in public affairs and an M.Div. He is a chaplain at Indiana University Health in Indianapolis, co-founder of the Hear Me Project and blogs at Invisible Truths.
The Mennonite, Inc., is currently reviewing its Comments Policy. During this review, commenting on new articles is disabled; readers are encouraged to comment on new articles via The Mennonite’s Facebook page. Comments on older articles can continue to be submitted for review. Comments that were previously approved will still appear on older articles. To promote constructive dialogue, the editors of The Mennonite moderate all comments, and comments don’t appear until approved. Read our full Comments Policy before submitting a comment for approval.