The Mennonite, Inc., invites your original submissions for our August 2020 print magazine issue and corresponding online content focusing on Why I am an Anabaptist. […]
Here are five things worth paying attention to this month. I recommend selecting one or two and jumping in over the next week.
1. Good White Racist will soon be a staple in racial equity work. This is an investment you definitely want to make.
2. Ever wonder how the United States became so segregated or why communities of color seem run down? Turns out, it was intentional.
3. The beginning of the school year can be dangerous. Take note.
4. White Lies takes you into the rabbit hole as its hosts search for the truth about what happened one summer evening in Selma, Alabama.
5. Sometimes it’s just fun to laugh at generational differences.
Ben Tapper has a master’s degree in public affairs and an M.Div. He is a chaplain at Indiana University Health in Indianapolis, co-founder of the Hear Me Project and blogs at Invisible Truths.
The Mennonite, Inc., is currently reviewing its Comments Policy. During this review, commenting on new articles is disabled; readers are encouraged to comment on new articles via The Mennonite’s Facebook page. Comments on older articles can continue to be submitted for review. Comments that were previously approved will still appear on older articles. To promote constructive dialogue, the editors of The Mennonite moderate all comments, and comments don’t appear until approved. Read our full Comments Policy before submitting a comment for approval.