The Mennonite, Inc., invites your original submissions for our April 2020 print magazine issue and corresponding online content focusing on Resilient hope. Description of the […]
Here are five things worth paying attention to this month. I recommend selecting one or two and jumping in over the next week.
1. I’ve recently become a pescatarian, and as I’ve slowly begun modifying my diet, I’ve discovered the magic of seitan.
2. What happened to Black Wall Street? White rage burned it to the ground.
3. If you’re looking for inspiring TED talks, look no further.
4. Black children experience school much differently than their white counterparts.
5. If you’ve adopted a child of a different race or ethnicity than yourself, you need to hear this.
Ben Tapper has a master’s degree in public affairs and an M.Div. He is a chaplain at Indiana University Health in Indianapolis, co-founder of the Hear Me Project and blogs at Invisible Truths.
The Mennonite, Inc., is currently reviewing its Comments Policy. During this review, commenting on new articles is disabled; readers are encouraged to comment on new articles via The Mennonite’s Facebook page. Comments on older articles can continue to be submitted for review. Comments that were previously approved will still appear on older articles. To promote constructive dialogue, the editors of The Mennonite moderate all comments, and comments don’t appear until approved. Read our full Comments Policy before submitting a comment for approval.