The Mennonite, Inc., invites your original submissions for our August 2020 print magazine issue and corresponding online content focusing on Why I am an Anabaptist. […]
Here are five things worth paying attention to this week that aren’t related to the coronavirus.
1. If you’d like a podcast on parenting and spirituality, check out the Bringing Forth podcast. Each episode is packed with insight from a variety of perspectives.
2. If you’re looking for a good book on justice, check out my friend Kerry Connelly’s work called Good White Racist. It’s powerful, poignant and packed with wisdom.
3. Much of my frustration with the Democratic Party this year centers around the pursuit of the people Dr. King called white moderates. Teen Vogue—yes, you read that right—does a great analysis of the issue.
4. Let’s not forget that the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe are still fighting to protect their land and their lives. They won a significant legal battle this week.
5. If you are in need of grounding and meditation right now, the Center for Action and Contemplation has you covered.
Ben Tapper has a master’s degree in public affairs and an M.Div. He is co-founder of the Hear Me Project and blogs at Invisible Truths.
The Mennonite, Inc., is currently reviewing its Comments Policy. During this review, commenting on new articles is disabled; readers are encouraged to comment on new articles via The Mennonite’s Facebook page. Comments on older articles can continue to be submitted for review. Comments that were previously approved will still appear on older articles. To promote constructive dialogue, the editors of The Mennonite moderate all comments, and comments don’t appear until approved. Read our full Comments Policy before submitting a comment for approval.